Monday 20 July 2009

That Thing You Do

This past weekend was pretty busy, which is new. Usually weekends spent here are pretty uneventful and boring.

Friday night we left Hazel with my friend Michelle and headed off to Whitehead for a dinner party at one of Brett's co-workers. Hani and Sandra are amazing hosts and Sandra prepared just an incredible meal. Hani is palestinian (sp?) and his wife served an incredible spread of middle eastern inspired dishes, and were delicious. There was good food, good company, good conversation, and the evening flew far too quickly. I headed home around midnight to releave Michelle, and Brett stayed with Matt and Jenn, catching a taxi home but not getting here until 3!! I'm glad they had so much fun, though.

We had a birthday party on Saturday and Sunday was just a big day of relaxing!

Hazel's developing so quickly that I almost can't keep up. She's really talking up a storm. She never grunts anymore when she wants something. When she doesn't know the word for what she wants, she usually says, "This." or "Pity Pease." Otherwise we get bombarded with the same word for whatever is over and over and over and over until we say no hard enough or give it to her. Michelle was laughing at me the other day when I was talking to her daughter, Beth. Beth is in the babbling stage, which I love, and I was babbling right back at her. "No wonder your daughter talks so much. You speak her language." Hmmmm....

The next several weekends are going to be crazy. This weekend we have to finish up moving out of the old apartment, next weekend is our 5th anniversary (yay!!!), the following weekend I have a baby fair that I'm putting a stall of 2nd hand baby clothes in (there are a few of us doing it), then the following weekend I'm supposed to be hosting a Pampered Chef party. That is, if the flipping consultant will actually email me back. I hate telling people about it when I can't get her to commit or respond. Most people are on holiday last week, so I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt and if she doesn't get back to me by wednesday then I'm calling it off.

Well, it's sunny and windy outside, so I should finish breakfast so I can go hang clothing outside...hopefully get a few loads done today while we're home.

Hugs and Kisses to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment