Friday 24 July 2009

In Retrospect

I was sitting in the health center today waiting for the doctor, who was 35 minutes late, to ring my name over the announcement screen. Loud, schreaching beep. Mrs. Carli Davis flashes on the screen and makes your trip back to see the doctor more embarassing than being chosen last in Gym class back in school. But that's socialized medicine for you. Zero descression.

Oh, well.

I sat and waited. Knitting, knitting, knitting, trying to pass the time with something productive. I had a baby sweater vest that I'm closing on being done with and it was a good project to have with me. No pattern to follow, simple 2x2 ribbing boardered by garter stitch. Good. Soothing.

Enter the boys. 3 boys...aging approx. 4-7. TERRORS. Please Lord save me from crazy, out-of-control boys. I love boys. Want boys. Think the world is better for boys. God, please give me the strength to raise well behaved boys. Please. Pretty please?

But I digress.

The purpose of my dr's visit was b/c I have some odd bruising on the inside of my lips. Started Wednesday night and have spread. No, there's no ulceration, so it's not a cold sore. It's a bright red bruise. It baffled the doctor. It's numb in that area (which is just inside my lips all the way around) and feels weird to eat. Doctor had no clue. Told me it should go away eventually.

Got me thinking, though.

I wanna get pregnant. I'm craving baby #2. But I remembered all the stuff that I went through in the months that were my first pregnancy.

1. Morning/Afternoon/Evening sickness. All the time. Over everything.
2. Rash on my hands. All over my palms and wrists. Had to sleep with ice bags on my hand just so I could have itch relief.
3. I started "showing" at 3 months. That is had maternity clothes on by 3 months. Yah, that's BY THE END OF THE FIRST TRIMESTER OF MY FIRST PREGNANCY. Don't you show earlier and earlier with each pregnancy?
4. I started lactating (that's leaky boobs for those of you unfamiliar with breast feeding terminology) at 21 weeks. I wore breast pads from 21 weeks until Hazel was 14 months old. That's 16 + (4 times 14)...math don't fail me now...80 weeks. 80 times 7 days is 560 days. of breast pads. don't make me do how many breast pads I went through as that will just depress me.
5. Good old Bedrest. For no reason. Just because Hazel decided it was time to join the world 8 weeks early. Yah, bedrest isn't fun if you haven't done it.

But at the end of the day, pregnancy was wonderful. Nothing too major to complain about and although it wasn't smooth sailing....I wanna do it again. Badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment