Sunday 5 July 2009

Happy Independence Day!

Oh....my....goodness. I think we survived our Fourth party. House is intact, and surprisingly unmessy. I started cooking Friday around 1:30 and between meals and getting stuff ready for the party, I don't think I stopped (with the exception of bedtime and eating) until 5:30 last night. And I was ready to drop.

Jenn and Matt came over early to help us out. Bless Jenn's heart, she tackled the deviled eggs. I would give her the messiest job ever. She was champ and did a great job! Nicola and her son, Alastair, we the first to arrive after them. Everyone else started arriving about an hour later around 4. I seriously can't tell you how fun a houseful of people is. I think at the top of the night there was...(hang on I have to think about this) 22 adults and 6 kids running about. I got to meet Ian(head of Brett's office)'s wife, Caren and their daughter, Charlotte, who was just a sweetheart. It was really nice to get to meet them. I also got to meet Stephen's wife, Valerie, who was just the nicest soul. We had a sick amount of food, beer, and wine, laughter, and chats, the kids ran around like only little kids can, one kid barfed on our patio, the new grill burned the first 4 hamburgers, but the weather was gorgeous and the company was incredible and I couldn't have asked for a better Fourth of July.

Praise God for a gorgeous day b/c the weather called for downpours all weekend. He truly is an awesome God and I'm glad he's on our side!

Well, the aftermath of an awesome party is usually pretty brutal, so I should get started on the clean up!

No comments:

Post a Comment