Tuesday 21 July 2009

Attack of AF and the hormone patrol

No, I'm not preggo yet. Not that I'm aware anyway. But maybe next month. Baby #2 is apparently not ready to enter the world yet, as it'll be another few weeks before I get pregnant. Oh, well. Still trying not to be bitter over people who don't even try. Atleast I know I'm able to carry a little one, so I don't have too much room to complain.

It is, however, period week. And I'm feeling the surge of PMS. Grumble grumble grrrrr. I can tell when I get angry for silly things that usually don't upset me. Like this weeek I'm supposed to be organiing a girl's night out for Michelle's birthday. Nothing to do with the fact that no one planned anything for my birthday and it was my 30th and this is Michelle's 33rd. now, the rational human side of my brain is screaming that we love Michelle, she's a great friend and we want to celebrate her birthday. That every birthday is a special birthday and we absolutely should celebrate her b-day with a girl's night out.

The PMS side of me, however, is standing firmly on my feelings, insisting that no one spent the time, energy, or money on my birthday, and it was a big one. The only one I was really really excited to get to. And it came and went with no celebration. The hormones remind me that the likelyhood of anyone ever throwing me a surprise party or a party at all is slim, so why bother with anyone elses.

And although the normal, rational, NICE side of me knows that I should listen to the human side; the hormones are gaining in presence, and they're getting very difficult to fight off.

I hate the hormones. I really do. And although, as a woman, I can recognize that my irrationality stems from the hormones, it is certain death to ANYONE else who acknowledges them. I tell you what. Aunt Flow is a biatch. She's the wickedest of all wicked witches and she's invading full scale whether you invite her and her crew or not. Sigh. And I welcome her every month in the hopes of having more babies...

In other news, we're stranded inside due to crummy weather. It's raining and gross out (yes, sometimes it's rainy and not gross), making our house chilly. Hazel's bundled up in long sleeves, flannel pants and socks, and it makes me laugh as everyone at home is sweating their behinds off. I kind of miss that, though. Don't know what Hazel will do in warm weather. The thought of moving her from 70 degrees at hottest to Georgia where it's quite a bit warmer amuses me as she won't know what to do with herself in such warm weather!

Well, lunch is over, and she's getting sleepy (rubbing eyes and yawning are dead give aways). Should head and get my girl to bed! Hopefully I'll get a bit of a nap and scare the hormones away for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment