Wednesday 29 July 2009

Just a little off the top...

Hazel's hair is getting so long and thick. It's always in her face, and I'm always pinning it back so she's not getting it in her eyes and mouth. She has this cute little cowlick at the crest of her head the prevents me from pulling her hair straight back, so we settle for pigtails much of the time.

It's so tragic to pin back those beautiful curls all the time. They're so perfect. Like I just pulled them out of curlers.

I've been toying for a while with giving her a good trim. But I keep thinking that she's still young, and it's not really necessary as her curls tuck all the uneven ends up anyway. So I've been putting the trim off.

Till last night.

We were sitting on the couch, her on my lap, getting her hair combed after her "tubby" and I decided it was time. I was combing hair that, in the front, wet, reached her shoulders , and in the back, reached the base of her shoulder blades. So I asked her if I could cut her hair.

"Okay, Mama."

So we did!

It was about 2 inches off the back only. Just to bring it more level with the sides and then I gave her a little layers in the back to spring up her curls. And it looks cute this morning...bedhead and all. Much more of an intentional bob then anything else. And much cuter in a headband now that it's all even .

And now...off to other growing up things...like college :)

No comments:

Post a Comment