Tuesday 14 July 2009

Running head first into the terrible twos...

Hazel's been pretty angry with me for almost a week. Trying to be ever patient, I've been trying to figure out what is wrong, but can only come up with a handfull of things.

#1: We're in a new house, and I think it's just now sinking in that we live here now. I'm going to try my best not to take her to the other place as not to confuse her, hopefully we'll be able to find someone to watch her here while we finish the move.

#2: She's hitting "that age." Which I think is hysterical since every stage starts out with someone saying, "Well, she's at that age." But I think this time, that age is independence. And she wants it, so we encourage it, but I think it really scares her, too. She wants to feed herself, and drink out of a big girl cup, go to the big girl potty, but she's wanting it all at once, and we need to realise that it can all be a little overwhelming for someone so little. We don't push any of it, she'll get it when she's ready, but we're giving her as many opportunities as possible, and she's flying. It's wonderful to watch, but at the same time, I'm frightened at how fast she's growing up!

#3: She's been a Daddy's girl lately and doesn't really understand why he leaves each morning. I've been explaining that Daddy goes to work so we can eat and play. But she's really a bit young to fully understand. But we still talk about it, she may be little, but it's good practice for me to explain the whys of life and for her to ask, knowing that she'll get an explaination...even if we have to look it up later. I really, actually, like it when I get bombarded with a million, "WHY?"s. I think it's cool that she's learning and wanting to learn.


On other news...

We still don't have a dryer. It'll be 2 weeks on Thursday that it conked out, but we're doing well. I get atleast 2 loads on the line in the backyard per day, giving Hazel a chance to be out and about while I'm doing the wash. I forgot how much I like line-dried clothing. Brett laughs, saying I look "domesticated" when I'm doing the drying "the old way." He's been helping on occasion (when he's home) just standing there hanging things up with me. I'm going to be glad to get a dryer eventually, but for now, the line is bliss on a pole.

Baby making has commenced! We're in the "safe zone" if we move home in December, and if not, then we'll hopefully have our little one sometime late spring of next year. I just dread the thought of months and months of not getting pregnant. Only took 6 months last time, which, over all, is NOT a long time to try, but I've had the baby bug bite since January, and it feels like a long time to wait already, ya know? I was in IKEA on Sunday, and seriously, there was easily 20 pregnant women and I think I counted 3 newborns in that store. Ever notice when you want something so bad, that's all you see? Oh, well, I know in my heart of hearts that God's in charge and it'll happen when it's supposed to! I just have to keep remembering that!

Hazel's been talking in 2-3 word sentences lately, which has just been blowing us away. It's really cool to see the words she puts together.

Well, I should be off. I promised the Nut some book reading time...

No comments:

Post a Comment