Sunday 21 September 2008

Popsicles make it all better

Today was kind of a lazy day here in the Davis household. Brett got up early with Hazel, letting me sleep another hour (have I mentioned how I love and adore the most amazing man in the world?). Then I got up, let him get ready to go and play tennis with Matt Rodriguez at the Tennis Club. He left around 11:30 not too long after I got Hazel down for her "morning" nap. She got a good nap, and woke up around 1, full of energy. We played and chased each other around the room and goofed off, then I decided to check something on the computer, so she wandered around touching each toy she owned. Cute.


Then she decided she wanted up on the couch. Now, she's been climbing up on the couches for about a month now (which is what prompted the living room rearrangement), so she's pretty good at it by now, actually, she's pretty good at climbing ANYTHING at this point...anyway, I'm not really concerned about her getting up there, it's being up there and getting back down without injury that we're currently working on.


Well, today, as she was lifting her Right Leg as high as her little hips would allow it, she lost her footing on her Left Leg...it slipped right out from under her. And it wouldn't have been so bad if she hadn't fallen face first on the side of a box, and bit her tongue. Screaming, crying, bleeding. I ran over and hugged and cuddled and held her as close as possible, but she was very upset, and rightfully so! I would cry if I bit my tongue hard enough to make it bleed! So, being new at this mom thing, and realizing she should have ice on it, but knowing she's not going to do anything to a frozen rag or an ice cube but play with it, I gave her a popsicle (or Lolly to you Irishmen/Brits). We found some all natural pops with coconut milk and pineapple puree, and she seems to love them. So, after one popsicle, all injuries were forgotten...I even got a hug and a kiss!


Frowns and a whole popsicle.....


Going...Going...Gone!!!! All Better!

No comments:

Post a Comment