Monday 1 September 2008

I'm so behind.....

Hi all!!!!

So the original plan was to post pretty much every day that we were home in Indiana, but, as most of you (who tried to get ahold of me via facebook and email) know, I think I was able to get online once the enitre time. We were BUSY!!!!!
In just the first week home, I got my hair cut by the fabulous Debbie Appelhans. She made me look less redneck-ish by removing the mullet look I was sporting. The Thursday we went to the Indiana State Fair with a HUGE group that included....Mom, Dad, Adam, Matt, Hazel, Bob, Bob's girlfriend, Theresa, Layla, Jillian, Irene (T's Mom), and Anne (T's Aunt). If you count me, that's 13 people!!!!!! We all kind of went our seperate ways eventually, but it was a great day filled with fun and fattening foods!
That weekend we headed for Mishawaka to see Brett's family. I was so glad that we were able to take Hazel and spend time with them. It was the first time I'd been there without Brett, and we had a fantastic time! I don't think Jeff likes being a grandpa at all (wink, wink) as he played with Hazel about 98% of the time (whatever time he wasn't sharing her with Aunt Ashley and both Grandmas...).
Then on Monday, we went to Indy to see Kirsten and Brianna. We hung out at they're house for a little while, then headed to town to do a little shopping and have lunch...it was really fun to get to spend time with her and Brianna, I hadn't seen the Bean since she was HAzel's size and now she's almost 3!!!!
Tuesday I headed back to see Debbie for some highlights while Mom watched Hazel, then, that evening I ran to West Lafayette to go out for a girl's night out with Theresa and one of her mom's group friends, Corina (if you're reading this, I really apologize for killing the spelling of your name darling!). We went to Nine Irish Brothers Pub, which I have to say, after living in Ireland these past 8 mos, I'm really impressed. They had a Shandy as a beer option (they make their's with Guiness but I ordered mine with the normal Carlsberg beer I get it with here). Fantastic!!!! Then I had the Goat cheese Fritters, which, is very common on irish menus as a starter. Well, maybe not fritters, but there's usually a Goat cheese option. Then I had the Creme Brulee....AMAZING. Seriously. It was in what looking like a yorkshire pudding (only sweet like bread pudding) and a whiskey sauce was poured ALL over it. Yum. Yum. Yum. We got there too late to eat dinner, but the starter and dessert I got did just fine!
Wednesday, my friend, Beth Yeager and her daughter Allison came over for a play date. So much fun! We spent the day talking and letting the girls play their little hearts out. It was perfect! Allison is about 2 months younger than Hazel and they were just having the time of their lives!
Thursday came, awfully. Hazel had her check-up....she was due for another round of shots. Yuck. Thankfully Granny came with us and was there to hold her down while they poked her, b/c I just couldn't do it. I know it wasn't any easier on Granny (my mom) but she was a trooper. We went to Hobby Lobby after that and then met Theresa and the girls for lunch at Don Pablos. Yum, mexican, one food that's hard to come by here in good old Eire.
Friday we stayed at mom & Dad's b/c of Hazel's shots the day before and let her just relax and sleep when she wanted to. It was nice to have a down day.
Saturday, Beth Penick came down to spend the day with us. It was so nice to see her and get to see the belly!!!!! I'm so excited to be becoming an Aunt again!!!!! And 2 more times with Kate and Kirsten!!!!!!! There are babies EVERYWHERE!!!!!
Okay, well, I need to get going as I have a list of chores a mile long, and I should actually get tackling them as Mom's coming to visit next Tuesday and we'll be in London this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment