Friday 24 April 2009

Prepared as we're gonna be....

Even though I felt like death warmed over, I stayed up to finish what I could of packing. I think we have most of what we need in the clothing department. Other than Lindsay's sweater, that I have to sew the other 2 buttons on, all the knitting I've finished for everyone is in the suitcase. I have most of the carry-ons finished. We got Hazel some meds to make her more comfortable for the long flight. I tried some this morning to make sure she mellows out and doesn't get super hyper instead, fear not, we have MELLOW. I'll give her some just before we go through Customs and she should be nice and happy by the time we get on the plane.

I have to copy the pattern mom bought so I can make her some boots, that way I don't lose the original, and so I have the pattern there so I can get some wool.

I have to color my pink hair this afternoon. Shold be very dark red. Not pink. Needs tending to.

Have to figure out what knitting I'm bringing. I wanted to be finished with Hazel's Jane Austen dress, but unless I get the chance to knit today, that won't happen before we leave the house. And I was really hoping to only bring the finished dress with us....

Right now, we're playing with stickers. Hazel has tiny star stickers all over her face. It's our new game. I put them on her, she tries to find them and pull them off. Hours of entertainment.

We bought a Portable DVD player for Hazel's flight. The first one we bought was a cheaper no name. WE figured that would be more than adequate for what we were using it for. It didn't work. Wouldn't play movies. We tried several. So I sped to the store to exchange it. This time we bought a Philips. Works like a dream. We're going to go buy a case for it enroute to Dublin this afternoon and I need to get a small CD case so the DVDs fit in the carry-on easily.

Lots to do. Only a few hours to do it....see you guys later!

No comments:

Post a Comment