Wednesday 1 April 2009

Missing March

So, I've been a little MIA this month. I really don't have any explanations as per WHY I've been unable to blog this past month, but, well, I didn't. Hmmm.

What's new in our world....

Hazel's growing daily. Has become a huge fan of Hello Kitty. Has decided that running is her favorite form of travel. Has watched Horton Hears A Who more times than I like to admit (though we do other things while it is playing). Has stopped eating all of a sudden. Well, she's decided that 2-3 bites per meal is sufficient for her energy through the day. Everyone assures us that it's normal around this age as they don't grow as fast and don't need quite as much as they did. So we're basically letting her eat as much as she wants. I don't want her developing a bad eating habit b/c Brett and I force food on her, and as she's growing and not losing weight, we figure everyone's right and this is just normal. She's become a HUGE fan of beans. Baked beans to be more precise, and she eats quite a bit of them, so we keep them stocked in the cabinet. She's become obsessed with babies at our Toddler groups, which is making the fact that we have to wait to get preggo until July hurt just that much more. My heart goes out to those families who try for years to get pregnant. The waiting just SUCKS and at least I know I only have to wait until July (well, provided I get preggo quickly which is doubtful). I know the waiting for me is agony, so I can't even begin to imagine what it's like for them.

Hmmm...What else....

Brett turned 30 on the 28th! We celebrated on the 21st with all his co-workers at Chili's in Belfast and had a great time (I'll post more about this along with pics on our family blog) then we were in Edinburgh for his actual birthday. It was a great weekend together!

Last week was a rough one. Brett was sick all week, and our washing machine gave out, which was 2 days of un-ending drama. But atleast we got a new one quickly! Let's just say I cannot wait to get back to America where the wash takes 1 1/2 hours from start to finish..including the drying. But that will come soon enough I suppose!

Speaking of moving home....I'm not sure where we'll actually end up, but if we do (please Lord) get transferred to Lafayette, then I've found 2 houses I love. I think I'm tempted to take a look at them when I'm home. If for no other reason then to get a general idea as to the areas we wanna live and the size house we want to get. After living in this closet for 2 years, I'm positive that ANYWHERE we live will feel enormous. All I ask for is a dishwasher that works and a washer/dryer that takes a reasonable amount of time to do one load.

Well, I should get back to wrestling the shorty....here's a clip from our trip to Scotland for your viewing pleasure. It's Hazel and I sitting in the front seat of the car, parked, waiting to load onto the Ferry to come home. We're playing backgammon on my DS.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    I was one of those who took forever to get pregnant...seven years until I FINALLY got pregnant with my son. It was really depressing, to say the least! But then, 18 months after my son's birth I got pregnant with my twins, so who knows why it took so long at first. We decided three kids are enough because when you start having them 2 at a time it gets expensive!! lol!

    Your daughter sounds so cute. I'm going to have to read through some more posts to find out why you have to wait until July to try for another baby...you've peaked my curiosity! Good luck when you do try.

    ReplyDelete