Wednesday 17 June 2009

Another Day, Another Dollar.

So, I have decided to sit down and figure out exactly what needs to be done to get a handle on my blog posting. There has to be a way to get on here more often and say....something.

It's been since before our trip home that I posted. I think I should combine our family one and this one. I think I'm just going to leave up the Davis blog, that way you can read all the things we've done up to this point, but maintaining 2 blogs of our own is just crazy, and the knitting blog on top of that. So here we go...a quick summation of life in the Davis household.

Hazel and I went home between April 25 and May 17, it was a great trip. I got zero accomplished, but as my mom said, "That was the point." I spent a lot of time with my family, which was also the point. Hazel traveled very little while we were there, which I believe was a big contribution to her sliding back into the NI way of life seamlessly. She was a dream on the flights to and from America and I'm so thankful to God for that. All in all it was a great trip. I spent lots of time with my brothers and sister in law, whom I miss more than they know, I think. I got to spend time with my Dad and Mom, and they got to spend lots of time with Hazel, which I think they loved. I'm glad we got the opportunity.

I turned 30 in May. Scary to think, but I'm grateful to be out of my 20s. Your 20s are such a hard time...establishing your place in life, having no money (not that that gets better with age), trying to convince the rest of the world that you're old enough to make a contribution. Bring on the 30s!!!!

Upon getting home, we found that much of our little developement has filled in with tenants. And as much of those tenants are college aged, there are parties all night and seemingly unsafe situations, so we've decided that although we may only have 6 months left here in NI, it's time to move. We looked and looked and looked. I decided to give it to God, and we just kept hitting dead end after dead end house wise and I was getting very discouraged. I should know better. Word to the wise. When you give something to God, BE PATIENT. Don't just say you're giving it to Him, really do it. We were blessed with everything we wanted and needed in a house. Now, I'm not saying it always goes the way you want it to, not by a long shot. But it always turns out for the best. Always.

Anyway, back to the house. I'm so excited. We have a 4 bd/ 2 1/2 bath home with a back yard. YAY!!! Cabinets in the kitchen for my stuff...I'll have counter space for cooking!!! Closets to put things away in. I'm in heaven. Room for Hazel to run. I'm coming out of my skin, can you tell? The funnest part of this new place is the watermelon pink downstairs bathroom. BRIGHT watermelon pink with a silver glitter overcoat. It's fantastic. I promised Brett that we would do all we could to "man it up" so he could use it with dignity. It is a fabulous place, though. We move in 2 weeks from today and then we've decided to host the Fourth of July party only 3 days later. Good thing all we're moving is clothing and kitchen stuff, huh?

We had a scary moment with Dad almost 2 weeks ago. He was bleeding pretty badly and had a scare in the hospital, but things seem to have calmed down and he's feeling good. Then he broke his ankle last weekend. Poor guy can't catch a break! But thank you to everyone for your prayers! I know they helped a lot and continue to help every day!

Hazel's started growing like a mad woman. She is now wearing 2t-3t sizes (18-2t in bottoms, 3t in most tops) which just wows me. She's a head taller than most of her friends. No hopes for a petite daughter :). Her vocabulary has hit the point where she's now talking in 2-3 word sentences. It blows my mind to hear her say things that make sense. We have very little pointing and grunting any more. We started Potty Training on Monday. I'm taking a very relaxed approach to this, whether that's a good thing or not. Monday she started saying "Potty, potty." every 20 minutes or so, and we had a play date here in the early morning, so after they left, I stripped her down and brought out the potty. She went 3 times between then and naptime, had a dry diaper when she got up, and went 3 more times between nap and tubby time. No accidents. I was so proud of her. Then Tuesday she got up, went 2ce and started having tiny little accidents, so I decided we'd put it away and see what she does in the next couple of days. She's only 21 months, so I'm not pushing it any harder than she demands. It'll happen when she's ready :)

We're going to see Lazy Town Live at the Belfast Grand Opera House on July 8th. I'm so excited. Brett's going to stay home and have a Daddy night. Her and I haven't had a mommy daughter date in a long time, so I thought it would be fun to go. I think I'm going to take her to the leisure center that morning as soon as they open (9) and let her really swim hard for about an hour or 2, come home, have lunch and an early nap, then head to Belfast about 3:30. We got the premium package (she gets a goody bag and our seats are in the 2nd row where there's dancing row-the theatre seats have restricted dance room) as it's just the 2 of us and I thought she'd have a lot of fun dancing around, ya know?

Well, that's all the news in our world for the time being. Hugs to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment