Friday 22 January 2010

Where to begin?

We have been informed that 11 weeks from last night we absolutely have to be where we are going to be. I will be 28 weeks pregnant and of the 2 OBs I'm currently under (here and in America) neither of them will give me the written permission I need to travel during my 3rd trimester. Period. This, I have been informed, is non-negotiable.

That being said, we have zero idea where we are going and as fun as that is for single people and couples without kids, it's almost more fun to have a root canal when you're trying to move a family at last moment (I've done both. Atleast you get general anesthesia with the root canal).

But I'm straying from the original thought I had when posting this. I could go on for days about how I think businesses would be more...well, EVERYTHING positive...if they worked a little harder on their time management, but that's not where I'm going with this, and so I'll get on with it.

Where do I begin to get ready to go home??!!!??

I think I'm dragging my feet because I don't want to pack what we're taking home and sell/donate the rest if everyone's going to change their mind.

I've decided to pack what we aren't using that we KNOW is going home. That includes Hazel clothes that she's outgrown, books we've read, things I can't wear in my pregnancy.

Then we have to hold a Car boot sale to get rid of stuff. That'll consume one of the 11 Saturdays we have left.

Then I have to clean a house that never stays clean because I have a 2 year old. Anyone who thinks that will take a weekend is dillusional and should avoid ever having children.

10 weeks. 69 days. 1656 hours.

11 Saturdays.
-1 for Brett
-1 for Hazel
-1 for Me
-1 for Carboot sale
-3 for family outtings (which we are NOT giving up...don't even mention it or you'll quickly regret it, I promise I will not hold back and you'll wish you'd kept it to yourself)
= 4 Saturdays to get our affairs in order

Combine this stress with Pregnancy hormones (which, unfortunately, are not the happy-go-lucky hormones I had with Hazel), I'm a pretty mean human right now.

So as I sit and stare at my messy living room, all I can think is, where do I begin?

No comments:

Post a Comment