Monday 11 January 2010

Another Crazy Year Ahead

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to 2010!!!

Sorry it's been over a month, but what an insane month. Traveling home is wonderful, but doing so over the holidays is exhausting. We ran pretty much from the moment we left our house in Larne until 2 days ago when I dropped Matt and Eric off at the airport. It was a whirlwind, but it was fantastic. We saw lots of family and only a couple friends, but we weren't worried as we're moving back to the states in April! YAY!!! We SHOULD be able to catch up with all then :)

Matt and his friend Eric came back with us and did a very speedy visit of Northern Ireland...even made the trip to the Republic to see Dublin for one day. It was a lot of fun to have them here. We were all really really tired, but it was worth it. I, personally, think the coolest thing they did was sneak into Cairndhu house. They both took some cool pictures and Matt even got a little video. I'm so jealous. I am not, however, going to climb through an old derilict house while preggo. Things that aren't safe for someone who's not pregnant, is a major no-no for those who are, ya know? But they were sweet enough to bring me back a roof shingle...a shale tile. Too fantastic. It needs scrubbing.

I told Brett I was taking this week to recover from the past month, and then, on my honor, I am going to tackle this house. We have 13 weeks to divide everything up into "sell it", "ship it", or "recycle it". Marina and I are going to have a couple of carboot (think, TRUNK...brits call it the boot) sale to try to get something out of some of this stuff. It seems ridiculous to think that we moved over here with 4 suitcases full of stuff. It's grown a bit.

We are mid-cataloging our movies to start the organization process and just going through Brett's DVD case (H and I have one each, too) and NOT counting all the individual DVDs within seasons of different shows, he has 282. That being said, there's 3 DVDs unaccounted for in Little Britain, 25 DVDs not accounted for in Knight Rider, then there's the entire BSG series and miniseries, 2 seasons of Big Bang Theory, 4 seasons of Star Trek Enterprise, and well, you get the point. Tonight we have to go through Hazel and my cases and then we have a whole case in America. It's an illness, I swear.

Well, not much other to report, just taking it easy while we're here. Supposed to go to Emma's house today but we haven't heard anything from them and I suddenly have about 10 phone calls to make to America, so we'll see what happens!

Big hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment