Tuesday 19 January 2010

Why Can't I pick when I get to have energy?

Yesterday was planned out to be super productive. I had my plans set and I was feeling good, motivated, and set to make my plans happen.

But they didn't happen as I wanted them to, but that's a whole other story we won't get into.

Anyway, my kitchen is now full of mounds of laundry. My bedroom is barely showing hints at having a wood floor in it. Hazel's room is nice and tidy, bed is made. I feel accomplished in that and the amount of laundry I have succeeded in doing up to this point, but there's a long way to go, and as we're not exhibitionists, we dirty up more laundry every day, so unless i buckle down and stay on top of laundry that requires 2-3 hours a load, it'll never get done...but DARN IT, I am determined. It will absolutely happen.

Hazel and I are stayng home from mom and tots to get stuff done, but today I am exhausted, and although I've had a shower, she's had a bath, we've done a load of laundry, folded another and put it away, I still need to do so much more and can't muster the energy. Hazel's clearly worn out from the past couple days b/c she's so mellow and having a good time watching TV, and building with her blocks, that I feel guilty pushing us too hard today.

In other news, Little Miss has decided that being potty trained sounds great, although it's only at her discression and when she wants a gummy bear. Otherwise she's in no hurry and really has no interest in actually BEING potty trained. Suppose to wait until we move home in April anyway, so I'm not too worried. She's wearing a large 3T, but 4T in most things, plus she's got this enormous vocabulary and comprehension skills, so we tend to forget that she is only 2 years and 4 months, not 4. There's no rush. It'll happen. She's proven she can do it, so it's just a matter of waiting until she's ready and willing.

I've recently (as in 2 months ago) discovered Bakerella. If you've never seen or heard of this blog, run as fast as your web browser will let you and just spend 1/2 hour skimming. You'll never be the same, I swear. Go to the Brownies section and try the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies. Brett's addicted, they're sinfully simple and you can mix and match the cookie dough in it. I used the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie mix once...fantastic. Then, if you're daring and don't mind a little mess, try the Cake Balls. Oh my goodness, will life at your house never be the same. Bakerella rocks my socks off.

Now, I'm a die hard fan of The Yarn Harlot, as many of you know, but I'm slowly being won over by the dear lady who gives us free baking recipes and tips....sorry, Stephanie, you'll never be replaced, but you're quickly having to share a spot in my heart....

No comments:

Post a Comment