Friday 13 February 2009

Sleeping Beauty

I sincerely wish I had pictures to share from seeing the Scottish Ballet perform Sleeping Beauty by Tchaikovsky at the Belfast Opera House last Saturday night, because it was just breath-taking. The theater was opened in 1895 and still looked very old and had that old musty smell to it. We had seats in the section know as "The Gods" which was the second balcony, but had a fabulous view of the entire stage. The rows in this section were seperated by levels about 3 feet higher than the one in front of it. Brett and I had aisle seats in the first row and it was so fun!!!!

The dancers were fabulous. Brett was slightly disturbed by the 2 guys dancing together at one point. But it was a crucial part of the story (a blue bird was trying to show Prince Charming how to find Sleeping Beauty), so he mustered through it.

I would love to see a huge ballet company perform sometime. The Scottish Ballet was a smaller group (though still a fair size) which I'm sure lead to a smaller budget, so I'd love to see what a larger company with a bigger budget could do. Some day, though. I got to see my ballet, and I'm more than happy that I got to go!

Thank you, Brett, for treating me!

No comments:

Post a Comment