Tuesday 3 February 2009

Potty Training Day 1

Plus a few tries this weekend and yesterday. Nothing consistent, just trying to get her familiar with the Potty.

We bought her just the basic bowl like potty, and she doesn't seem to mind sitting on it if I'm sitting next to her on the floor giving her mini chocolate chips or blowing bubbles. Yesterday we tested out our training pants. we sat on the potty for a few minutes, and then put the panties on. and promptly peed in the panties. Sigh.

Then our first attempt into the potty this morning went the same way. Sat on the potty for several minutes, and then peed in the panties. So I think we're going to wear the panties for a little longer, even if they're wet, so she is able to distinguish between the wet and dry panties. This is only the first morning of day one, so I foresee a long road ahead. I've already decided that if she doesn't get the hang of it by the end of the week then we'll put the potty and panties away and try again next month.

9am--wet our 2nd pair of panties. We have 9. And they have to line dry after they're washed. I put her first pair on 1/2 hour ago. At this rate, we'll be through the panties by lunch. I'm hoping I'll catch it next time before she pees in her panties.

No comments:

Post a Comment