Thursday 29 May 2008

Feeling icky...take 2

So we're well into day 2 of the ewwy gewwies (it's been upgraded from the creepy crud). Hazel's still an enormous ball of snot and I'm still running a fever....go figure! And we had a full day planned for today! We were supposed to go to Mom & Tots this morning and then we were going with our new friends Michelle and her daughter Beth to Junction One (the outlet we love) in Antrim. Then I was going to pick up Brett and Jenn at FG Wilson after they got off work, drop Brett and Hazel off at home, then Jenn and I were going to Carrickfergus to get birthday pedicures! THEN Brett, Matt, and Hazel were going to meet us in Carrick for dinner. However, I can't imagine trying to get ready to be presentable for this evening. EVERYTHING aches. I haven't knitted in 2 days b/c my wrists ache so bad!


On more positive notes, last weekend was wonderful! Friday night Matt and Jenn babysat Hazel so Brett could take me to Belfast for my birthday. He surprised me with dinner at a place called Cayenne. It was really good. I had some sort of fish on top of the NASTIEST oodon noodles I've ever tasted. But the fish was good! Brett got Venison (which is really popular here), and, of course, since he loves venison, he enjoyed it!
Saturday, we got up and I got ready, b/c Jenn and I went to get my hair cut! I'm not super thrilled about it, but it's been nice since we've been sick b/c it requires no styling efforts! It's easily an ich and a half shorter than I asked for, but what do you do??? Hair grows. Jenn and I, then, went to town and got stuff for dinner at our house that night. We were HARD CORE shopping for an hour. So hard core in fact that when we got home, I took a nap with Hazel! Matt and Jenn came over for dinner. We had Strawberry/Goat Cheese/Butterhead lettuce salad, Chicken breasts with Creamy Pepper Sauce, Garlic Bread, and Mashed potatoes! VERY filling, I think the boyz let out their top button afterwards. Jenn and Matt brought over birthday cake and we played Euchre and it was just all around a fun night!
Sunday, Hazel, Brett, and I got up early and went to have Ulster Fry at the Ballygally Castle hotel. So yummy!!!! We came home, took a nap and then went shopping at Junction One for my birthday present! I got 2 pairs of shoes, a skirt, and a sweatsuit for mom N Tot's group! Then we headed home and had KFC (that's right! Kentucky Fried Chicken!) for dinner! I was fully okay with that! It was very good and actually hit the spot!
Well, I should get going, it's about nap time for the Nut and myself, so I will try to post again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment