Wednesday 3 December 2008

Stolen Surveys...

OK, Sorry, T, I stealed your Christmas survey (which you stole first from the Knit for Joy blog) and now I'm stealing from you! Why? you may ask....
What else is there to do when you feel sick? No one wants to hear about snot again :)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Usually gift bags...I'm horrible at wrapping, though I do try every once in a while.


2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial, I'm allergic to that real stuff


3. When do you put up the tree?
We try to do it Thanksgiving weekend. Usually it happens, this year it did!

4. When do you take the tree down?
After we get home from the holidays. Usually it gets left up through New Year's regardless. I like the pretty lights on NYE, and that way I don't have to re-decorate. Yes, it is lazy.

5. Do you like eggnog?
SOOOOOO much. But I'm going to have to learn to make it from scratch here as it's not something you can buy at the store...this actually seems to be the trend....

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
It's killing me, I can't remember what it was called but it was a doll that had fuzzy skin that was supposed to feel "real"...oh, I'll have to ask mom.

7. Hardest person to buy for?
Brett. Every year. It sucks.

8. Easiest person to buy for?
T--I would agree that would be easy. However, this year I have to say Hazel, as I'm having a hard time NOT buying everything I see.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes *sniff*sniff* we have 2. A Veggie Tales one for Hazel and a pretty one for Mommy. And they're both in storage in Kokomo. *sniff*sniff*

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Before now I would say snail mail, but as it costs $1.20 (we did the math) to send EACH card to the US, and I have 30 to send, we're going to abstain this year. I still love everyone, though.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I recieved the nastiest and smelliest bath set one year. It was just rancid smelling. And I don't think there was any thought put into it, which makes it just that much worse.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Once upon a Christmas with Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton. I know. But it's what we decorated the Christmas tree to EVERY year when I was growing up, and it just feels like Christmas to me. I wish with all my heart that I owned it so I could use it when we decorate. It just feels like home. And now I'm crying...geeze.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I try to start around August. No, I'm not that organized. I just usually start finding things that would be perfect for so and so...

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I don't know that I ever have actually. I usually want whatever I get and the few things I haven't have gone the way of Goodwill.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Sweet Potatoes. Granny Mary style. Yum. Hey, T, I want Periogies. MAke extra...consider that my christmas present :)

16. Lights on the tree?
Yes. However, this year we've joined the tacky club and our tree has FIBRE OPTICS. Really. Thankfully it's pretty anyway. Normally I like watching my hubby with limited patience try and untangle the real ones.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
I like them all! Away in a Manger probably tops the list though.


18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm not even dignifying this question with a response.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
How can you not if you have kids? Or know the Rudolph song? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Stars. I think they're gorgeous, plus it's what announced to the world that our Savior had been born!!!! The reason for the season!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Hmmm. Well, we start doing "Pocket presents" (a Harger tradition where we put 7 small gifts under the tree to count down a week until Christmas...kind of an advent thing) 7 days prior to Christmas, then we get one gift on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas day. However, this year, The Irish Davis' will be having Christmas on the 21st (Santa phoned to say he was dropping by early), Harger Christmas on the 24th (I think...we're praying for the 26th), Davis Family Christmas on the 25th. Aren't you glad you asked?

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
When people write Merry X-Mas! Quit taking Christ out of the holiday people! Oh, and the fact that stores and the media won't say Merry Christmas. I know not everyone celebrates Christmas, but it still annoys me. (Well put, Theresa, I'm stealing your answer and adding...) When people who don't believe in God or Christ celebrate the holiday. I don't celebrate Hannukah. Or any of the holidays other religions celebrate. Why would you denounce Christianity and then give gifts? So stupid.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
I like ornaments to have meaning. I think it's beautiful when you can tell a story about all the ornaments.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Mmmmm. American christmas food. Mmmmmm. Any of it.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Safe travel. And to be healthy. And to miraculously get all my knitting done. Honestly, this year, getting home and seeing everyone is what I want for Christmas. I'm kinda homesick.

26. Who is most likely to blog about this?
Well, I stole this from T, so Beth maybe?

27. Lights, blinking or always on?
Always on. Our tree blinks and it's slowly making me wanna stab myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment