Thursday 8 January 2009

Please Pray...

I know everyone misses us. I'm aware that people's hearts are aching because we're so far away. I know that we're in people's thoughts and prayers every day. I'm very thankful for all of you and all of your prayers that you send our way.

But it's time we have a talk.

This isn't meant to hurt anyone's feelings, and please know that I'm so thankful for everyone in my life.

We HAVE to stay here through the end of the year. It is necessary with the way the economy is going, and with the amount of lay-offs in companies everywhere...even within Brett's company. As long as we're here, Brett is guaranteed a job and a paycheck. I know that there are many many people out there who's jobs are on the line, and my heart aches for all of you. You all are in my prayers and thoughts. And I'm not asking for sympathy from anyone. What I am asking is that everyone understand that until further notice, we are staying until Christmas this year. 11 short months. FG Wilson (the company here in NI) just announced that they will be laying people off this spring. PM Alliance announced before christmas a cut in over 1/2 of Brett's same postions. I'm frightened. In a better economy, Brett, I believe, would have no problem finding another job. But in today's market, no one is hiring, quite the opposite, actually. And since so many are being let go, there are that many more people out there looking for the same jobs. In a market that isn't hiring.

Thank you for praying for us, for askiing that God keep us safe, and that he return us home quickly. But please, ask Him to keep us safe here in Larne through Christmas, and THEN move us close to home. Because in reality, wishing us home faster may only get us to the US faster...we may be in California for our next assignment, or some other state, and then we won't be any closer to home than we are now. And I'm trying not to be hurt that in the 16 mos that we lived in Peoria, most people did not come to see me. Our families did, but we made the 8 hour round trip once a month if not more to see everyone else...so, please, remember, I love you all very much, and I miss everyone, too, but when you pray for us to come home sooner than later, you're not considering our feelings.

I know this seems mean, and I really don't mean to. This isn't pointed at any one person or persons, just a general discussion that has been necessary for a while and I've avoided until these layoff announcements have been made. I would much rather be far away with a job then home and out of work.

2 comments:

  1. Honey, I know you say this isn't directed at one person, but I truly hope this isn't about what we talked about yesterday. As much as I want you home, I know that right now Larne is the best place for you guys. I don't blame you for wanting to stay as long as Brett has a position there, especially in this economy. Babe, I love you and can not WAIT for you to come back to the states, but am a realist enough to know that it probably won't happen for a bit. I can be patient. Hopefully, the longer it takes you to get here, the better chance of you getting to Lafayette. But, if not, well, that's OK too. I'll love you anyways! :) I'm always praying for you sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you stay longer so I can come see you when we are in France. But that's completely self-serving. (Dodging the stone throwing coming my way now. LOL!)
    Seriously, whatever happens, happens for a reason. Yeah on a consistent paycheck!!!

    ReplyDelete