Wednesday 28 January 2009

Mommy needs a nap part 2

But atleast this time it's not b/c I'm grouchy. It's more because I stayed up too late last night and Hazel woke up too early. She must have been sleeping lightly b/c I think Brett's alarm woke her up. YAWN. Now the trick will be keeping her up until atleast 1pm or it'll throw our whole day off.

Come to think of it, if we go lay down now, she's acting sleepy, and she naps now for about 2 hours, we won't be too out of shape. She just won't nap this afternoon. I'll try here in a minute.

Hazel got her bangs trimmed last night. It was about time, too. They were thick and in her eyes, and driving me crazy. Dear Lord, I've become a mom. "Get your hair out of your eyes."
And I cut the rattail out of the back of her curls. That really broke my heart. Occasionally it curls up and looks even with the rest of her curls. But most of the time it just hangs there looking rattailish. So it got cut. And I stared longingly at the little curls in my hand. I know now that I won't be cutting her hair for a long time. That little tail was about 3/4 inch of hair and only 3 little curls. You'd never know they were gone...and it still broke my heart.

We're venturing into the wide world of Potty Training...duhn duhn duuuuuuuuuuuuuuh. I'm still hunting for a potty. I don't know what I have in mind, but I'm sure I'll find one on Friday or this weekend. Michelle and I went to Tesco on Monday to buy one so Hazel and I could have tackled it this week, but Tesco didn't have any and Argos has been closed every day by the time Brett gets home from work. We talked about ordering one online, but I just feel like I want to see it and touch it before I commit to one. I know, I know, it's just a potty, but this is a big deal, folks! We have the potty movie, the feel n learn diapers, and the Kandoo wipes, all we need now is training pants and a potty. This will have to be our project next week. This week we've just been talking about it and going to the potty with mommy and watching the movie. We'll see! Here's to hopeing!

Well, we're off to take a nap....chat later!

No comments:

Post a Comment