Wednesday 26 November 2008

Sick and boring

Sorry there haven't been any new posts lately.

I've been sick and so we're pretty uninteresting.

I got pretty sick last week starting on Tuesday and by Wednesday it was pretty bad. Brett took Thursday and Friday off to help take care of Hazel while I slept away the flu and a sinus infection. He's been amazing. I'm feeling better this week, though not 100%, and I'm waiting for the dr to ring so I can find out why my SI is still hanging around despite antibiotics.

It's our first Thanksgiving in NI, and it makes me sad to think we'll be away from family, but atleast we have each other and friends. We're all heading to Matt and Jenn's this Saturday for a big feast (everyone has to work tomorrow) and I volunteered to make some of the goodies. Dear Lord, help us! :)

I think I'm on the menu for Green Bean Casserole, Sweet Potatoes, and mulled wine and cider. I think that's all, but I should check. Jenn has got this enormous turkey ordered from the butcher's, so I'm hoping a large crowd turns up. She said Matt invited 22 people from work, so it should be a fair turn out! We'll see how things go!

Next Saturday is FG Wilson's Christmas party, and my dear friend Michelle offered to babysit Hazel for the evening. Matt and Jenn are our babysitters normally, but as they will be going to the party, Michelle kindly agreed to step it. Bless her!

After that, we have Beth's (Michelle's daughter) 1st birthday party in the afternoon of the 13th, then that evening, we're driving up to Glenarm castle to take Hazel to see Santa for a Christmas party in the Glenarm castle!!! We're really excited. She'll be in her fancy Christmas dress, and get a little surprise from Santa. I promise to take tons of pictures!!!!

The 14th brings Beth's Christening, which we've been invited to (I haven't broke it to Brett), and should be fun. Then Brett has one week of work left after that in 2008, Santa will come visit us on the 21st, and we fly out on the 22nd to Chicago!!!!!!!

Hey...I've got a really busy schedule between now and the 22nd, plus about 10 gifts to finish knitting by the time we fly out, and with a 1 year old...who knows where I'm going to find the time!!!!!!!!!!! Does anyone have extra to spare?

No comments:

Post a Comment