Thursday 5 June 2008

Worst Movie EVER....be ware...Cloverfield spoiler...so don't read if (for some reason) you still wanna see it...

So I forgot to mention that Brett and I downloaded a movie last night to watch after H went to bed. Brett has been jonesing forever to see the movie Cloverfield, so we rented it off I-Tunes and turned it on after H was asleep! Let's just say the most postivie thing about that movie was that it was only an hour and a half long. It's supposed to be scary and blah blah blah, I LAUGHED through every scary part. And you guys know how I deal with scary and gory.
So, if you haven't seen Cloverfield, don't bother unless you want a headache. The entire movie is shot by one of the characters through a personal camcorder, and there's no fluidity to the picture. You never REALLY get a good view of each character, or anything that's going on. 90% of the movie is them running, which you can only imagine what the cinematography during THAT was like. Plus, you know the old saying about how every group of friends has that one person that no one really likes and is kinda whiny and no one's really sure how they became part of the group, but you can't imagine life without them? Imagine THAT person as the camera man. He whined throughout the ENTIRE movie.

So here's the spoiler part.

EVERYONE dies. Every one of the main characters dies. Well, except one, and you never find out what actually happens to her after she gets on a helicopter and flies away. And that isn't even at the end, so it doesn't finalize anything. You spend the whole movie thinking you'll get to know what was going on, and you never do. One of the main characters gets bitten and then gets sick and explodes, but they never say why. Is it like in Aliens when a baby hatches? Or is that just a side effect of getting bitten? No one ever comes on after and explains whether it was a seacreature, an alien, a dinosaur, or what, and whether or not they defeated the creature. And the ENTIRE premise of the movie is the main character wants to go save his hurt girl friend. So they save her and at the end, they both die.

DUMBEST movie EVER. EVER. And the critics gave it a rave review! Talking about how it's so realistic and well thought out...blah blah blah. Realistic if you never look at the horrible computer graphic creatures. I could do a better job. Not really, but wow. They. Were. Bad. And the scene in the tunnels where the creature babies attack the main characters, I think it was supposed to be really gory and scary but I laughed my head off. I couldn't stop.

Now, if you've seen the movie and loved it, please don't be offended. But would you please email me and explain to me what I missed that made it good? SEriously. I won't make fun of you for liking it, but I really really wanna know why you did.

If you haven't seen it, don't. Rent Blades of Glory instead. It's equally stupid, but atleast you'll get a laugh that was intentional....

No comments:

Post a Comment