Thursday 5 June 2008

Busy week!

I can't believe it's Thursday already!!!! It's been a fairly uneventful week. Hazel is feeling MUCH better and seems to have replaced her ickiness with energy! She's started saying "Dada" Tuesday and since then has realized that she can make distinct syllables vs baby sounds. She's talked non-stop!

Tuesday we went to Mom & Tots group in the am, and then went into town for a little bit! Nothing exciting there, I did some research at the Co-operative travel agency on our trip to Greece later this summer...now we just have to make a decision on where we want to go! And when for that matter! We thought August, but it seems we can save quite a bit of $$$ if we go in September, so we'll see! I didn't get any lunch that day, so just before we headed off to get Brett, I got a cup of Ice cream, and Hazel got her first taste! She loved it! I know it's a no-no b/c of all the sugar involved, but once in a while I figure won't hurt. Brett took H and I out to dinner Tuesday night. We went to Mattie's Meeting House in Cairncastle (just north of Ballygally). It's an inexpensive meal and I got to have my garlic chips (which is a new obsession!). Hazel, got to try her first tiny bite of chicken...which she's not sure about...her first Green Bell Pepper...which she LOVED...and she tried Balsamic Vinegar for the first time (I dipped a tiny tiny corner of her toast in it). She was CRAZY about the BV. Straight BV, no oil...if you know about my vinegar craving during my pregnancy, you won't be surprised! I asked the doc if that was OK and they assured me that a tiny bit every once in a while is actually good for her. But we're supposed to stick to clear vinegar as the salt content is pretty non existant. So no more BV, for Hazel, but I can give her the clear stuff...wonder if she'd like cucumbers in vinegar? She seems to love all the components, so we'll see! So Hazel had a lot of firsts on Tuesday!
Yesterday was our Breastfeedingsupport group. Not very exciting, but we did get Hazel weighed and she weighs 19 lbs 5 oz!!!!!! She's gained 1 lb in 3 weeks dispite being sick and all her crawling! Daddy says we need to figure out what we're doing to make her grow so fast and stop it! Between you and me, I think it's breaking his heart ;-).

Well, that's all for the moment! I'm going out for my mom's night tonight, so maybe something exciting (not bad exciting, though) will happen and I'll get to tell more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment