Sunday 23 August 2009

Knives, Rainbows, and lost wallets.

Friday started out well. Gorgeous day. Beautiful.

So we got up and decided to head for Antrim. Junction One is our unplanned weekend outting of choice, as it has a play ground for Hazel, it's all outdoors (like the mall in Carmel, IN) and it's an outlet, so you get cool stuff cheap.

Well, it was beautiful in Larne. Not so much in Antrim. Once we got there, dark clouds spead in and it dumped buckets for the first 45 minutes we were there. The rain let up, however, and the day turned out a bit breezy but nice. So we continued on our way, having lunch, letting Hazel run, buying necessaities like dress shoes for Brett to wear to work and kitchen knives to replace our old rusty ones. The day flew by and we decided to head home so that Hazel could get a small nap.

Once home, Hazel was in bed, and Brett and I sat down for a little R&R ourselves. Brett opened our new knife set and took them in to wash them so we could use them. HE wasn't gone long when I heard a yell from the kitchen and I went running.

He'd sliced his finger. Badly. Blood everywhere.

We dropped Hazel off at Michelle's and took him BACK to Antrim for the Emergency Room. He got it closed up with some strips and bandaged up with a little finger cot and arm in a sling to keep it elevated (I guess once cleaned out it can bleed really bad if not lifted) for the evening. He hates it, and I didn't like the situation, but he did look cute in his sling. Not that I ever want him in another one. EVER.

Heading back we saw 3 rainbows in the same sky. One to the East and 2 to the South. They were gorgeous. i will definitely miss all the rainbows once we move home. It was incredible.

We picked up Hazel, 2 1/2 hours after dropping her off, and raced home to find my wallet, which I realized on the way to the ER that I couldn't find. It wasn't home. It wasn't in the car. Not in the diaper bag. I called junction One stores, I even drove BACK to juction One, taking me to Antrim for the 3rd time that day. No go. We canceled my cards. I was soooo frustrated.

It's been a rough day.

UPDATE: Wallet was at Junction One. In the one store I didn't check. Go figure. It iwas a God thing that I even THOUGHT to call there....

No comments:

Post a Comment