Thursday 2 October 2008

Ooops!!!!

I forgot to post about London! And that trip happened a month ago!!!!!!
Here's a quick run down of the weekend's events along with some snapshots!
Saturday, Sept 6---Brett, Hazel, and I got up early and headed to Belfast International to catch a plane to London! It was a pretty smooth uneventful trip...even landing in and navigating through Heathrow was easy. We caught a cab to our hotel, The Thistle at Westminster, and checked into our room all within 45 minutes of landing!!!! Gotta love big cities! Then we set off to find my IKnit Day....it was a little confusing trying to navigate the streets of London in the Westminster area, but we got there about 20 minutes after setting out. I had the best time! I knit and bought yarn and (in general) hung out with women about 20+ years older than me...there were a few women there my age, but not many! I got a signature from The Yarn Harlot in one of my books. So awesome. I have to say, very few people actually make me nervous, but I was an idiot around her. I honestly would never have guessed that I would be THAT nervous. I could barely carry on a conversation with her. Oh, well, I suppose it's not that weird that I would be nervous around my knitting idol, huh?

Well, while I was being dorky, Brett and Hazel wandered around the area. It was rainy that day, but they got the chance to see a lot!
Here's Hazel having lunch with her daddy...
Walking through the park in front of Buckingham Palace...This is my favorite...them taking a break in the park....Brett got some really good pictures of the scenery, and I promise to post them later when he reminds me what they all are!

Then they came and met me at IKnit Day and hung out with me for a while to wait for the Alien Competition announcement (I didn't win). Then we headed out. We walked back towards the hotel (it was about 6:30 at that point) to get some dinner. We were all exhausted from the day, but we made a quick stop by Buckingham Palace (it was on the way home) and I got to see the changing of the guard....(we didn't take a picture of the actual changing...this is just a guard pacing)

And I got my picture in front of Buckingham palace (just facing the wrong direction)....Well, I promise to post more tomorrow when Brett is here to tell me what everything is...I'm forgetful like that....

No comments:

Post a Comment